Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Black Day, eat black noodles!

Do you know what day is today?

14th of April, 2010. Wednesday. 
You might ask, what's so special about this day?

I google-ed for some info and here's what I'd got:

Black Day (april 14) is for single people to get together and eat noodles with black bean sauce in South Korea, sometimes a white sauce is mixed because those celebrating the Black Day didn't experience the White Day. The idea is that those who didn't give or receive gifts on Valentines Day or White Day can commiserate their singledom.

"a day lonely hearts try to ease their pain by diving head first into a bowl of noodles".

Aww...Cute isn't it? =)

It was said that all the singles will gather together to enjoy the noodles called jajangmyeon a.k.a 炸酱面. I've tried before in a Taiwanese restaurant but haven't really try the Korean style one. Okay next time I go into a korean restaurant, I'm going to order this Korean black bean noodle for sure. Yum yum I can't wait. =P


Back to our point, Black Day is actually a day to celebrate being single.
And I'm qualified to celebrate..


Boo Hoo Hoo ='( 

LOL I'm just doing some effect here. Ignore the emo me. Haha.
Honestly I think there's nothing to be ashamed of for being single.

Come on, you think you're still in the Ming dynasty? Nowadays single doesn't mean nobody wants you. It's probably because you don't want them. Right?

In fact, single is a kind of freedom.
If you're single, you can do what you like and when you like.

You can choose your friends to hang out and the movies you like, you can be as lam-nua as you want, you can also save money for long phone calls; but hey, the most important factor is, you can fantasize or flirt with any guy you like without feeling guilty. Wee~

Seriously, being single is an extremely positive state. You can avoid those sad moments or insecurities which will make your day blue.

By the way, loneliness and low self-worth are not excuses to choose a relationship over singledom. You should not have a relationship for the sake of having one. It never works out well.

On the other hand, make the most out of your freedom. Let's go out into the world and broaden our horizons. The world is still very large for us to explore so stop sighing for not having a partner. In fact, the more varied your life the happier and more interesting you will grow to be.

And you know what, soon or later someone just as happy and interesting will eventually find you. =) ah and finally you will get the chance to celebrate Valentines Day instead of eating jajangmyeon on Black Day. rofl.


Hey this is not jajangmyeon okay? LOL. It's my all time favourite. Simple but delicious.
I thought I could also join the fun on Black Day, so I cooked myself a plate of dried Maggie Mee with my secret recipe black sauce. Haha.

Happy Black Day!
Cheers coz you're still available =)