Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Oh...so this is JPA interview.

Yay... I've come back from the jpa interview.

*Phew* Super duper relieved now. It was just like a heavy burden being lifted away from my chest.

The day before I was having thousands of butterflies in my tummy. I kept worrying about the discussion part because I seldom read newspapers =(

I tried to read a few karangans in order to brush up my malay language and to recap on the current issues but too bad, I was so lazy that I just roughly glance through.The only thing I'd prepared was the introduction part. And oh ya, I also prayed that everything will turn out smoothly.

In the morning, I was the first to wake up in my house. Perhaps I was too excited? =P I wore my office wear, which was a long sleeved blouse and skirt.


Yea I know, some of my friends suggested me to wear the baju kurung or baju kebaya, and I'd really thought of buying one. Alas, I'd decided not to wear like that, because I guess it doesn't really affect much. As long as you are properly dressed, I don't think that marks will be deducted for that. In fact, it's not a must. Idk, I was just wondering, why not I just wear sari or simply cheongsam in this case? Right?

And so My dad was smart enough to find the place. No GPS. I reached there in time, signed on the board and also the counter, and then I just sit down to chat with my schoolmates who also came today. FYI, I was taking the economy course. I found out that most of the students coming for interview today were actually going for engineering. There were also a few who chose bio-tech.

I should consider myself as lucky because I was the 2nd batch to go in so I didn't need to wait for long. My group comprises 5 members. 1 girl chose bio-tech, 1 boy chose tourism, and 2 more boys chose engineering.
As you can see here, the group is quite 'rojak' right? Anyhow, we all did chat a little before going into the interview room and thus it was not that boring.

Once the lady told us that we could enter the room, we all were super nervous but also, excited LOL. We held our chin high, marched into the room according to our number, and wished the interviewers good morning. Everyone of us looked smart and confident indeed.Oh ya, one more thing, it was really comfortable inside with the air-cond switched on. Love it. haha.

During the introduction session, we were required to conduct in BM. Since we all had prepared this at home, I really thought that 5 of us presented quite good.

There was a part when the head of the interviewer asked me about which country that I wanted to go.

Q: Negara mana negara pilihan anda?
A: Umm, UK.
Q: Tahukah anda tentang kos perbelanjaan untuk belajar di UK?
A: Ya, kalau tidak silap, beratus-ratus ribu.
Q: Eh, Satu Million Ahhh.. (making a funny expression as if he was the 1 who needs to pay for me)
A: Oh... itulah sebab saya berharap untuk mendapat biassiwa JPA. =)


And so everyone in the room laughed.lol.

Nothing much for the first part. It was quite relaxing. In fact, we laughed for a few times when the interviewers used their sense of humor in the conversation.

After that, we proceeded to the 2nd session. We were given a few minutes to jot down our points on the topic given.Oh, in case you're interested, our topic was on "Visit Malaysia Year is a way to promote Malaysia to the world. How successful is the programme to attract world tourism?/Ways of improving it." Sorta. Basically, I think it was a bonus to us because it was not difficult to talk about. Later on, we had to discuss among ourselves and they just listened and observed what we were discussing. And yes they didn't allow us to speak whenever we wanted but rather, it was like this:

" ok, no.2 u may start first"
"fine, now no.1 u react to his speech"
"okok, no.5 now's ur turn"

... Some sort like that. I think it was a good way to prevent one from speaking too much or too little.

After that, I thought there will still be a 3rd session, but fortunately(or unfortunately, idk) they told us it was the end of the interview. All of us were like, HUH??? Serioulsy, I felt like I haven't really finished expressing myself but they just shoo me away. =( 

I personally felt that I did a good job today, maybe not better than the others, but ya, I'd tried my best and I was proud of myself. Although they kept nodding their heads without saying much and didn't shoot me till dead, I was not sure whether they were impressed by me or not.

This is what I think. I reckon there's only 2 possibilities.

1, they had made up their mind earlier to give me the scholarship. So they didn't want to ask much.
2, they had already decided NOT to give me. So they didn't want to waste their time.

*sigh*
I really think that it's not of how well you did during the interview, it's rather, how lucky you are.

AHHH, Lady Luck I need you!
Anyway, I am glad that I'd went for the interview. Getting the scholarship is another matter, well at least I had the memorable experience right? =)