Sunday, November 13, 2011

Loon Sing for brunch

Ooh it's Sunday today :)
and my friends and I thought that having a sumptuous brunch to kickstart the brand new week would be a bliss.

Just like whenever I'm back in Penang, dad always bring us to to 'yum zhou cha' every weekend, or in other words, to have dim sum. Typical Cantonese I would say. but well, lots of Penangtie do that too actually. coz penang food is just too good enough to wake lazy people up for breakfast. hee :)

Instead of eating the boring dining hall food, 4 of us decided to take a cab out for Dim Sum and we've decided to go to the famous Loon Sing Restaurant in Nilai which is not far from KTJ.

If you do not know, Loon Sing is actually pretty well-known for its award winning 'Fat Tiu Chiong' or direct translation from mandarin: 'buddha jumps over the wall'. Lol. I have always thought the name of this dish is too funny :P

Back to our story.. Oh right, hmph...Unfortunately, they are not serving Dim Sum today!! Came all the way with so much expectation to eat their famous pau but ended up with much disappointment "sorry ah, today no dim sum wor.." wtf.  Oklo, it's also our fault since we didn't call in to confirm earlier.

FINE. No dim sum, eat other things then :)


Ordered their signature fried rice.
In my opinion, all fried rice are the same actually. If you're opting for something special then I wouldn't recommend this but overall it's really not bad.



Hazel and Hana.  


Ooh right, their prawns are fresh but too bad we ordered this Thai style prawn which we all think it's a bit...umm..weird. It's a no-no for the gravy. Perhaps we should have ordered something else instead.



Thizz izz DA BOMB. ♥♥ Dong Po Meat with mantou.
It's their award winning dish and a must-order in Loon Sing after their Fat Tiu Chiong. So glad that I got to taste it. It's just.....


DAMN GOOOOOOOOOOOD. For a moment when I was chewing the fats, I thought I've reached heaven or whatever nice place you believe.  No wonder it's award winning. So coming back for this :)

Me. Steph.  weeee yummy food.


We also ordered our all time favourite: xiong tong yin choy. lazy to translate.
Just some freaking yummy vege cooked with century eggs and soup. *Slurps*



And some fried noodles in fuzhou style. Quite nice actually. The noodles are good, QQ.

_____

Yeah. So that's all we ordered. Not rich enough so cannot order fat tiu chiong, abalone or shark fins soup. lol. I will ask daddy to bring us here next time when they come down & fetch me. Oh hi dad! :P if you happen to read this (my dad's one of my loyal reader out there haha)

Our total food bill was reasonable, in fact quite worth it. 
There were actually quite a number of people coming here for lunch, and most of them ordered dong po meat too. Looking forward for the next time. and the next time, I will definitely check if they are gonna serve dim sum on that day first.

______

I know I know, such an irony isn't it?! I just talked sooo much about staying healthy in my last post and look at all the oily dishes I ate just now. >.<
Ok I give you guys the permission to laugh at me as much as you want. HAHA :P 
Fine la. I'm not taking dinner tonight okay? I'm gonna eat bread plus some fruits only okay? Tomorrow eat vegetarian food okay? OKAY :)


Finally, let's bombard you with a vain photo of me again, as usual..
Not quite nice this time, didn't make-up again. in fact look a bit like soh mui like that. lol.
but yea, whatever.. it's just to show you guys that I'm still alive and I'm happy all the time =))


Hee :) Have a great week everyone!