Friday, April 13, 2012

Productive afternoon @ Jing-Si Books and Cafe

Although I am back in Penang for 'holiday' but it's not really a time for me to totally relax because, well.. A2 exams are coming soon in June and it's now the most crucial time of my life so far i think..huhu

So I have been trying hard to do some revision before going back to KTJ but knowing me....the best procrastinator on earth..I need to find some new environment (as long as it's outside my bedroom) to force myself into study mode.

One of the places I've tried besides my dad's office is Jing-Si Books and Cafe.

Operated by Tzu-Chi organization, Ji-Si Books and Cafe opens daily from 12pm to 8pm.

Its tranquil and serene environment offers the best space for those who are busy or troubled to seek peace and calmness. With published books from Still thoughts and also other inspiring publications arranged on the book shelves, this cafe is a place to cultivate wisdom too as you sit down to read a good book, rethink about life while sipping a cup of aromatic tea.. or simply do nothing and just enjoy a peaceful afternoon with friends. This is what the cafe aims to offer.



Words of wisdom of the day for me :)

Productive afternoon. Microeconomics done! *ticks syllabus happily*

 

Out of all I ordered this 知足茶 'Tea of Contentment'
(Japanese Gen-Mai Cha)

Perhaps I was feeling happy and contented at that moment so the name of the tea caught my eye straight away when I read the menu. Also because I love Japanese stuff :)


Few years back I used to come here quite often. But I never like it here during exam seasons simply because there would be zillions of people (well, hyperbole) here and you could never concentrate fully.

Fortunately I went at the right time. There were a few customers only throughout the day and I was literally enjoying peace and calmness! *like a boss*