Friday, November 16, 2012

Dinner at La Casita

Quick post on an authentic Spanish dinner I had recently.

It was just another mediocre Tuesday.. but these days are the best kind of days to have. Especially after the marathon of tests, assignments, presentation and coursework which has (for the moment) come to an end.

Only one tutorial for the whole day and then you are free to spend the rest of the afternoon like a boss. What's more it's my favourite class of the week!




'Economic Data Analysis' at Duke of Kent building. Mad love this lab tutorial.

 strolling along the lakeside after class.

Back to our story lol. Since the town is just 5-10 minutes walk away from the campus..so yea why not :)

Did shopping again at Guildford high street. I mean I know comparatively it does seem pathetic compared to the ones in London..but I swear it's already enough for me. I've spent so much to the extent that I don't even want to record my expenditures anymore.


I don't think my long term saving plan is going to work lol.


Anyways, after our usual shopping haul we decided to have dinner in the town before heading back to campus. Wanted to try out the Malaysian restaurant but for some reasons it only opens after 6pm and thus we ended up in a Spanish restaurant called 'La Casita' or little house in English.

They offer tapas, which are like some light dishes designed to be shared among guests........well I'm lazy to explain just google it yourself because I'm also new to Spanish cuisine. heh.


10 pounds per person for 3 tapas. Quite standard la for dinner price here.
I chose meatballs with spicy tomato sauce, mushrooms and also mussels cooked in Spanish style.

Given the nice ambiance and authentic taste, I guess it's not a bad deal at all. Once in a week I can still afford heh. Oh, not to mention their hospitality. The waitress was so pretty and friendly she actually spent time explaining the dishes to us and also kept asking us what we need etc..Service was so good but we didn't give her extra tips. hiya I feel so bad now hahaha.


One sad thing is that they don't serve desserts though! We were craving for something sweet so before hopping onto the bus, we bought strawberry cheesecake ice cream from burger king.

I've fully maximised my total utility. lol.