Saturday, February 08, 2014

Brunch in London

Last Monday(no lectures during reading week!) together with Jan, I took the 10.02 morning off-peak train to London. Usually, from Guildford, the fastest train is about 38 minutes. That's what I love about Guildford- so near to London yet far enough to stay away from the hustle and bustle of a city life. Though I used to dream about living in the city- grabbing a take-away coffee, rushing through the undergrounds...well, you get the idea. 

Surprisingly, I am now actually feeling so grateful (genuinely speaking) to live in a peaceful small town which is just a stone-throw away from London. It's like whenever I feel like going to London, I can just hop on the next fastest train heading to London Waterloo (the trains are so frequent that you don't even need to worry about the timings) and at the end of the day I can just come back before midnight and sleep in my own bed. Of course, if only they would stop raising the ticket fares. Like seriously, stop increasing. The rate is getting ridiculous each year.

Anyway.. Back to last Monday.

Met up with Judith and Jia Huey at Foxcroft & Ginger in Soho after we took a detour to Her Majesty's Theatre to get our musical tickets for that night. Yes, it's Phantom of the Opera!! *gasps* (will talk about it in my next post)











I ordered Long Black (similar to Americano). I know, it's my new addiction.. but it's soooo good. So aromatic, smooth and..simple! I love simplicity. Not plain. Oh yea, their coffee is quite acidic. I like the taste though.




Eggs Benedict (more like Eggs Royale).. Those creamy hollandaise sauce on the poached eggs...on the smoked salmon..on the toasted muffins. They just complement each other so well. This is by far the best I've ever tried and 'so good' is seriously an understatement.



It was an amazing brunch. I live for these and I deserve it :')